Everyone is welcome at these talks. We will go to lunch after the seminar.
The schedule for the second semester of session 2002-2003 is follows.
- 7th February Dr. Bill Mclean (UNSW, visiting The Isaac Newton Institute) will talk on "Time discretization of an evolution equation via Laplace transforms."
- 14th February Dr. Dmitry Skryabin (Physics) will give a talk entitled "Interaction of dissipative localized structures of light"
- 21st February Patrick Lechner will give a talk entitled "An introduction to H-matrices and their applications".
- 28th February Dave Simpson will give a talk entitled "Adaptive finite elements for a parabolic PDE".
- 7th March Professor David Bird (Physics) will give a talk
- 14th March No seminar. Prof Carsten Castensen will give the 2.00pm seminar
- 21st March Simone Mandica will give a talk
- 28th March Dr. Chris Farmer (Schlumberger) will give a talk