Bath/RAL Numerical Analysis Day
Bath - 1 October 2004
- Professor Anne Greenbaum (Washington)Polynomial Numerical Hulls of Convection Diffusion Matrices and the Convergence of GMRES
- Dr Mario Arioli (RAL)A Chebyshev-based two-stage iterative method as an alternative to the direct solution of linear systems
- Professor Alastair Spence (Bath)Nonlinear eigenvalue problems with application to photonic band structure calculation
- Professor Nick Trefethen (Oxford)The numerical range and what it's good for
- Dr Jennifer Scott (RAL)Which sparse direct symmetric solver?
- Professor Chris Budd (Bath)Optimal transport and geometric conservation laws for mesh generation