Bath/RAL Numerical Analysis Day
Bath - 23 January 2015
Wolfson Lecture Theatre, Department of Mathematical Sciences. University of Bath.
All are welcome, and there is no registration fee. If you would like to attend this event, please e-mail Euan Spence (E.A.Spence@bath.ac.uk). As usual, after the talks we will go out for dinner in Bath; if you'd like to attend this, please tell Euan on the day.
- Registration (4 West Atrium)
- Anders Hansen (Cambridge)Breaking the coherence barrier - A new theory for compressed sensing
- Jennifer Scott (RAL)On the hunt for memory efficient robust incomplete factorization preconditioners
- Simon Wood (Bath)Additive smooth regression models: some applications of numerical linear algebra and optimization in statistics
- Lunch (Claverton Rooms)
- Nick Gould (RAL)Modern SQP Filter methods for constrained optimization
- Euan Spence (Bath)Domain decomposition methods for the Helmholtz equation with absorption
- Tea and Coffee (4 West Atrium)
- Andy Wathen (Oxford)Preconditioning for models of coupled magma/mantle dynamics